Statement Of Purpose or SOP works as a game changer in the acceptance of applications in most overseas universities. It speaks of your education, achievements, learnings and goals. In this article, we will discuss the importance of an SOP and tips on writing an organised and impressive SOP.
Importance of SOP in University Admissions: Experts’ Views
- Conveys a Clear Image of Your Achievements
An SOP, as said, consists of your educational achievements, goals, your thoughts about studying that particular course in the university and your potential. If written in a well-structured manner, it gives a direct and appealing impression about you, increasing your chances of getting shortlisted.
- Useful in Getting Student Visa
If your SOP is good, the chances of getting your student visa approved also increase. So this gives you another reason to get it written in a well-structured manner and includes everything related to MAP i.e. Motivation, Aspiration and Perseverance.
Apart from its importance, you need to know some basic yet important tips for writing an SOP which can really help you stand out from the crowd. Our expert education counsellor in Delhi says –
- Be Crisp & Clear – The admission panel receive thousands of applications during every intake. So, without taking much time, jot down all your important life events and goals in crisp and clear language to convey the right message in a short time.
- Never Plagiarise – Avoid plagiarism at any cost. If you think you can’t write an engaging SOP on your own, let an experienced education counsellor help you; but never copy from someone else’s SOP as it is an academic offence and leaves a negative impression about you.
- Check Before Submitting – One silly mistake, which students make is submitting an SOP without proofreading and checking all the information. So, even after you have edited the draft for the fifth time, make sure that you read it before submitting it.
- Follow Instructions – There is a prescribed format for writing an SOP. So, our expert’s advice is to follow the instructions mentioned for writing it or read the requirements given on your preferred college website.
- Don’t Overdo it – Sometimes students take the idea of SOP writing wrong and try to include everything in detail, which is not right. You need to cut short your content and write only the necessary points. Most importantly, never overdo or exaggerate. Write everything in simple and clear words.
These tips will help you frame a well-structured, clear and impactful Statement of Purpose. If you require more information on SOP writing or looking for professionals to build it, we would be happy to help. We have successful stories of helping students get admission to their dream colleges. So, book your session today and get one of the best Career Counselling In Delhi from our Director & Senior Mentor Sakshi Mittal. Call or WA us for appointments: +91 9899101239
Also Read >>