The British government’s decision to allow 2 years of post-study-work visa for international students has seen a massive likeness by Indian students. Going by facts alone, over 37,500 students joined universities in the United Kingdom in 2019, in comparison to 19,479 in the previous year. This trend in the number of student visa’s year-on-year granted increased by 93%. This move by the government of UK, is also referred popularly as the Graduate Immigration Route (GIR), more details about which are expected to be out soon. But one thing is very clear, that all students who graduate by the summer of 2021 would be able to utilise this golden opportunity.
More reasons for why Indian students are preferring UK universities so much over others, are given as follows:
- Relative inexpensiveness of education in the United Kingdom in comparison to US universities.
- The growing cost of Management courses in India itself is making students opt out for an international route. Given it brings other opportunities for them as well, like global & cultural exposure, reputed education system.
- Working possibilities after university degree. This is absolutely an added plus, now since the UK government has brought the GIR route.
- Better career prospects since employers globally give preference to hire employees with an international work experience or education.
- Universities in UK have more research-oriented courses.
The world-class education system of UK and the exceptional talents of Indian students form the right match. Learn more about growing education opportunities abroad by booking your free appointment for overseas education consultancy in Delhi. Call us: +91 9899101239