Studying in Australia guide for Indian students
- November 28, 2020
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Education
Australia is among the most desired study abroad destinations across the world for Indian students. It is ranked as the third most preferred higher education destination by Indians as universities in the continent have witnessed a sharp rise in the applications. It won’t be a surprise to find every fifth Indian student to have Australia in mind as their study destination and it remains a top-notch country for Indians wishing to study overseas. Australia is one of the 15 happiest countries in the world, and hence a melting point of different cultures and nationalities.
Why choose Australia?
If you have Australia on your study overseas list, you should know why it’s one of the most chosen places by Indian students. Here’s how:
- Affordable: The major attractions of universities in Australia include the affordability along with quality education. There are offers of attractive scholarships to help students with their fee along with the optional opportunity for students to work part-time. Several student-friendly industries and sectors from Indian student’s perspective include tourism, retail, hospitality and many more thereby making it easier for students to pick up part-time jobs and get exposure as well as money to help cover a part of their living costs in Australia. You can find different Scholarships for different needs. Apply and choose for the one that fits you. Some university-specific scholarships and bursaries are offered to International students for various undergraduate as well as postgraduate programs.
- Vast course selection: Australia offers a vast range of study options for international students, with more than 1,200 institutions across the continent. Students have the freedom to choose all levels of education be it primary Masters or PhD. No matter what subjects the students may choose or how long the duration of their study be, Australia’s Law promotes quality education and protection for international students. Needless to mention, Australian cities have consistently ranked high because of the most livable and student-friendly cities. Australian institutions serve courses comprising diverse study areas, including business, technology, arts, sciences, etc, along with professional courses. Whether it is an undergraduate degree with a dual specialization you are looking for or a double Masters, the country has everything you need.
- Benefits of Australian education: Along with a strong statement for your CV and a good international exposure there lies the opportunity for diverse cultural interaction. The country boasts of several high ranking universities in the world offering some high-quality popular courses. Foreign students mean good income for the government, hence the latter takes a keen interest in the education sector of the country. Therefore, expect good governance for these institutes of upper learning. Universities tend to do their utmost to attract Indian students to their classrooms as Indian students make up a good chunk of foreign students. With your student visa, you get the opportunity to work part-time. Vacations bring you to work full time and earn more hence, extra money to handle your living expenses to an extent. The Australian government provides post-study work visas for international students. Once you have finished your university degree, the field for practical work experience is yours. You can learn a lot working full time for a period of 18 months to four years in the country and even apply for permanent residency. A dedicated International Student Support unit is in place to help foreign students from accommodation to jobs to counselling. Last but not the least, the strong presence of an Asian community will not let you miss speaking your mother tongue or eating familiar food.
- Employment opportunities: Australia offers a two-year work permit for international students after the completion of 2 years of full-time studies and successful completion of their course work/degrees. Students have a high chance of getting employed when graduating from an Australian University. The qualifications are accepted world-wide and several programs have white-collar accreditations and work-integrated learning, that enables graduates to be more employable by the time they are done with their courses/degrees. Dedicated divisions within the Australian Institutions also help in placements, interview and CV preparation to support the international students.
- Tips for enrollment: The common course intakes in Australia happens in February and July. Few universities also offer programs starting during a trimester also (like October- November). The process of application, offer and visa lodgement could take 7-8 months so you’re advised to plan it before-hand seriously. The entrance requirement includes mandatory English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL & PTE. Another eligibility criterion in Australian institutions includes your past qualification scores, work experience, etc. A successful statement of purpose upholds your chances of admission. Documents of financial capacity are a must at the time of visa application. Overseas Student Health Cover is a part of the total fees paid and it ensures the students’ medical well-being while living in Australia. The universities have a strong focus on student welfare and care.
Learn more about studying in Australia with study abroad education consultants at University Leap. Book your virtual consultation session with our Senior Director & Mentor Ms. Sakshi Mittal. WhatsApp or call us: 09899101239