Entrepreneurship : A Profession Everyone Wants to Know More About
- May 28, 2019
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Education
These days, students are awed and motivated at the same time, to figure out the startup stories of budding entrepreneurs. Lately, India has produced some of the finest and successful startups; for instance, the rise and rise of Oyo Rooms by its Founder, Ritesh Aggarwal – lifted hopes for many youngsters to make an idea work, which not only solves the problems of people but also brings new employment opportunities in the market. The Government of India also strengthens Entrepreneurship as a career amongst people of all ages alike, with initiatives such as the Startup India, Digital India and Skill India programme. The move is to ensure that youngsters get acquainted with government policies that promote entrepreneurship, by giving them special benefits like tax exemptions, financial assistance from banks at low Rate-of-Interest (R.O.I), amongst other facilities. In 2015, Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced this initiative to assist and guide youngsters who aim at working towards innovation, development and commercialisation of new products.
In the wake of the trend of entrepreneurship, universities in India and overseas have come up with courses on this subject. The courses are created with an intent to develop analytical skills and strategic competencies amongst the students. Lessons would also be given to prepare students to work on planning a business idea, on getting financial support from banks, angel investors and streamlining their business growth prolifically.
There are both short-term and long-term courses offered by these universities, with guest lecturing and mentoring by Managers and CEOs of the leading corporates and startups. One doesn’t have to be a CEO only to run a startup to success; there are roles for innovative thinkers to fit the space in the already growing startups. Individuals with an understanding of how to run a business, are also offered roles in the Management Team of companies looking for smart ideas to scale-up the growth.
Some of the courses offered in entrepreneurship by the leading overseas universities are listed below:
- MSc Entrepreneurship & International Business – Aston University
- PG Diploma in Entrepreneurship – University of Cambridge
- MSc in Innovation and Entrepreneurship – University of Warwick
- International Business & Entrepreneurship – University of Glasgow
The courses by Indian universities are also listed below:
- S.P. Jain Institute of Management & Research (SPJIMR), Mumbai
- Start Your Business Certification Program (SYB)
- Grow Your Business Certification Program (GYB)
- The Entrepreneurial Manager (TEM)
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
- Full-Time Master of Business Administration (Entrepreneurship & Family Business)
- Part-Time MBA (Social Entrepreneurship)
- Xavier Institute of Management & Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bangalore
- Entrepreneurial Development Programme (EDP)
- Amity Business School, Noida
- MBA (Entrepreneurship)
..and many more!
It’s a brilliant thought to give your inner-leader the push to take your dreams towards fulfilment. Taking advise of mentors always plays a greater part in defining a success story! Because in this manner, you avoid the mistakes which are already made by others.
Get in touch with the best education consultants in Delhi for better insight into your entrepreneurship calling! For queries on more courses or to book a free career counselling session, talk to the experts: +91 9899101239